Texas food is delicious. The favorite past-time of Texans is their food. Texans like to eat good food and they are very serious about it. In this article, you will find some of the favorite dishes in Texas.
- Chicken Fried Steak: Chicken fried steak is a favorite Texan food. Texans take this dish very seriously. It has a golden breaded coating from the outside which makes it crunchy. At the inside, it is meaty and moist.
- Armadillo Eggs: These are jalapeños that are cream cheese-stuffed that are inside spicy meatball sausages.
- Texas Sheet Cake: The origins of Texas Sheet Cake are debatable. Why does it have Texas in its name? No one knows the answers but everyone knows that it is a great recipe, perfect for the party.
- Venison: Texans love meat that is grilled. Texans love to have grilled charred meat with a cold beer.
- Cheese and Onion Enchiladas with Sauce: A steaming plate of cheesy, tasty and simple Enchiladas. It can be customized to your taste by adding shredded meat or taco beef.
- Prickly Pear Margaritas: Whenever you go through the Texas Hill Country, you will always find a prickly pear cactus. The magenta colored fleshy fruit from this cacti when mixed with tequila, lime juice, and sweet & sour mix gives you a margarita that tastes like heaven.
- Kolaches: Kolaches is a classic Texas road trip food. Try these at home with this easy recipe.
- Texas Caviar: This is a very healthy Texan recipe. This recipe is filled with vegetables, beans, cilantro, and lime. You will crave for it and want more.
- Cowboy Beans: Cowboy beans, stewed for hours and soaked in secret spices, brown sugar, and bacon. The result is a dish that will get you many praises.
- Peach Cobbler: Peach is a quintessential fruit for summers. A delicious peach cobbler is perfect for summers.
For more interesting recipes from around the world, please visit: http://tastyfix.com