Okra is best for the summer season and scorching heat. Okra has its origins in Africa. Okra is an annual vegetable, from the same family as the hollyhock, hibiscus, and rose of Sharon. Okra is best used in stews, soups, canning or as boiled or fried vegetable.
- Pickled Okra: This summer, try the fresh okra by pickling them. They will surely last for a long time.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29hV8yZ
- Tomato and Okra Cornmeal Cakes: The tomatoes should be of small size. You can also use goat cheese, whipped cream cheese or ricotta in place of pimiento cheese.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29hYIsN
- Okra and Corn Maque Choux: If you want the best from this recipe, use okra with fresh corn.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29x6l4n
- Shrimp and Okra Hush Puppies: These cornbread bites are made more addictive by addition of Shrimp, Okra and Creole seasoning.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29kW1r6
- Fried Okra Salad: The topping in this recipe is done with fried okra. Finishing can be done with Lemon Dressing and crumbled bacon.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29odqDk
- Creole Okra: This is a tasty vegetarian side dish that is easy to prepare. Serve this yummy dish with veggies, bacon, spices or with rice.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29osJJu
- Okra & Tomatoes: This is a tasty and easy recipe. It is best prepared with fresh okra and great when served with white rice.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29yYvV6
- Roasted Okra: This is an easy recipe and the okra is not as gummy when roasted. Roasted okra has nice flavors.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/29nxvbo